Workplace Health, Safety & Environment (WPHSE) Conference & Exhibition
Oct. 6-9, 2019
Before the conference, join LJB’s Thom Kramer, PE, CSP, for the one-day workshop, “Effective Fall Protection,” on Oct. 7 at 8 a.m. Workshop participants will get an overview of effective fall protection programs, as well as proven strategies for identifying, evaluating and controlling fall hazards.
During the conference, on Oct. 8, Thom will present the “Top Five Ways to Manage Fall Protection Risks.”
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Kentucky GIS Conference
Oct. 9-11, 2019
Stop by Booth #7 to chat with our GIS team members about how LJB can help you “pin, place, and show” your assets with GIS.
Be sure to catch one, two, or all three of these informative sessions presented by LJB’s Kelly Wright, MS, GISP:
- “Clean Your Dirty Data in Excel” – Thursday, Oct. 10, at 1:30 p.m.
- “Early Career Professionals in GIS – What to Expect When You’re Expecting (a New Career)” – Friday, Oct. 11, at 10 a.m.
- “A Guide to GISP Certification: Updated for 2019” – Friday, Oct. 11, at 2 p.m.
APWA-NC Stormwater Conference
Oct. 20-22, 2019
Stop by Booth #26 to chat with our experienced team about how we can help with your stormwater woes.
Alaska Occupational Safety Summit
Oct. 22-23, 2019
LJB’s Thomas Kramer PE, CSP, will present two sessions on Oct. 22:
- In “Addressing Fall Protection Anchorages,” Thom will cover OSHA’s requirements for design and installation of anchorages, as well as best practices based on ANSI Z359 standards, to help participants reduce risk related to using anchorages for work at height.
- In “New OSHA Fall Protection Regulations: Now What?” Thom will provide an overview of OSHA’s rule on Walking-Working Surfaces and Personal Fall Protection Systems (29 CFR 1910 Subpart D&I) that went into effect a few years ago. He will share key impacts and deadlines so participants can plan important actions to maintain OSHA compliance.
Greater Lafayette Area Safety Council – Annual Safety Expo
Oct. 24, 2019
This year’s keynote, “Addressing Fall Risk: The Greatest Challenge,” by LJB’s Thom Kramer, PE, CSP, is a can’t miss.
ACEC/NC NCDOT Joint Transportation Conference
Oct. 28-29, 2019
Pennsylvania Governor’s Occupational Safety & Health Conference
Oct. 28-29, 2019
In the informative session, “Fall Protection: What You Don’t Know—Or What You Think You Know—Can Kill You,” on Oct. 28 at 1:15 p.m., LJB’s Thom Kramer, PE, CSP, and three other safety experts will share key actions you should take to better manage your fall protection program and equipment to improve safety and to reduce risk for your workers at height.
Ohio Transportation Engineering Conference (OTEC)
Oct. 29-30, 2019
Stop by Booth #517 to chat with LJB transportation engineers.
Be sure to catch LJB’s Andy Shahan, PE, PS, PMP, along with Brian Blayney from Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) and Stephen Zubyk from Eastgate Regional Council of Governments, in their session, “BUILDing Northeast Ohio’s Transportation System,” Tuesday, Oct. 29, at 3:30 p.m. They will showcase projects that were recently awarded USDOT BUILD discretionary grants in the Cleveland and Youngstown regions.
Another item for your OTEC agenda: “GIS – Smart, Real-Time Technology Transforming Transportation Projects” with LJB’s Kelly Wright, MS, GISP, Wednesday, Oct. 30, at 8 a.m. Kelly will share valuable insight on applying mobile GIS to transportation engineering projects as she walks through a recent LJB transportation safety project.
Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce 67th Annual Safety Conference & Symposium
Oct. 30, 2019
LJB’s Thom Kramer, P.E., CSP, will present a 10 a.m. session, “Fall Protection,” covering the statutes, standards and regulations pertaining to employers’ requirements to provide fall protection.
At 1:15 p.m., LJB’s Andrew Lockemer, CSP, will present “Hazard Recognition and Competent Person Training,” in which he’ll explain proper training for both hazard recognition and competent person delegation.