LJB has been serving the federal government since the early 1990s, and we have experience in a wide variety of projects for civilian and military installations—from general civil, structural and safety projects to multi-year diverse task order contracts.
- Homeland Security
- Veterans Affairs
- VA Hospitals
- Various Agencies
- Architect of the Capitol
Structural Engineering Partner
LJB has served as the structural design team member for projects in the Redstone Gateway complex, which supports Redstone Arsenal – a U.S. Army installation near Huntsville, Alabama.
- 468-acre development
- Multi-story office, R&D and warehouse buildings
- LJB designed 10 buildings to date
- 1M SF of new construction
- $400M+ new construction
Data Collection & Asset Management
LJB provided data collection and GIS services to secure accurate, up-to-date data, and thorough maps of the potable water distribution and wastewater systems at Wright-Patterson AFB.
- Located more than 4,000 assets
- 104 miles of water pipe
- 63 miles of wastewater pipe
- Secure information handling
- GIS application development for data collection and management
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
LJB delivered UAS services to assist in re-roofing projects on the majority of buildings at two Federal prison sites near Memphis, Tennessee.
- Provided high resolution imagery and 3D point cloud models
- Secured infrared temperature imagery to identify potential roof problems
- Obtained flight clearances through the FAA to enter nearby restricted airspace
- Required daylight and nighttime UAS flights
Fall Protection Consulting & Design Contracts
Much of LJB’s fall protection work has been provided for federal agencies, and we hold multiple long-term contracts to provide fall protection consulting and design services. The fall protection solutions we provide are particularly sensitive to the operations, historic nature and public importance of federal facilities.
Blast Resistance and Progressive Collapse Avoidance Design
As part of a design-build team, LJB provided structural engineering for this 411,000-square-foot building, which serves as the national headquarters for the Marine Forces Reserve. LJB’s design:
- First to use tilt-up concrete panels to fulfill progressive collapse avoidance requirements
- Saved $2M in construction costs
- Reduced schedule by 3 months
- Provides hurricane resistance
LJB Contract Vehicles
Architect of the Capitol Roof Fall Protection IDIQ
Smithsonian Institution Fall Protection IDIQ
General Services Administration Blanket Purchase Agreement – Fall Protection Professional Engineering Consulting Services
Small Business Teaming Opportunities
As a former small business ourselves, we value the government’s small business program and appreciate the talent available within small businesses. If you’re part of a small business that would like to partner with LJB Inc. please click the button below to fill out our contact form.